EPDM Semi-Cured Cover Strip-EPDM Roof System
EPDM Semi-Cured Cover Strip-EPDM Roof System
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
|Resistant to UV light, high heat
|Excellent adhesion to multiple
|Suitable for a wide variety of sealing
|No torch or liquid adhesives||Improved safety|
|Waterproof detail||Suitable for roofing, pond lining, and
|Viscosity, cps Brookfield RVT
No. 3 at 10 rpm
|Pound per Gallon||7.19|
|Flash Point, oF (SETA)||Less than 20|
|Estimated Coverage||150-200 Linear Feet
Three-Inch Wide Splice
|Typical Values||Test Method|
|Base Polymer (Cover
|Color (Cover & Tape)||Black||Visual|
|Tensile Strength||900 psi min.||ASTM D 412 Die C|
|Elongation||300%||ASTM D 412|
|Tear Resistance||125lbs./in||ASTM D 624|
|Ozone Resistance||No Cracking||ASTM D 4419|
|Peel Strength||10 pli @ 70oF (21oC)||ASTM D 413|
|Shear Strength||20 psi @70oF (21oC)||ASTM D 816|
|-50oF (-46oC)||ASTM D 2137|
PRODUCT OVERVIEW & FEATURES
EPDM Cover Strip consists of a semi-cured EPDM membrane that has been laminated to a 25 mil EPDM based pressure sensitive tape. This tape is comprised of vulcanized rubber adhesive that will provide OEM quality performance for EPDM single-ply restoration projects.
EPDM Cover Strips are designed to cover, protect, and seal mechanical fastening bars, membrane fasteners, core sample repair patches, membrane repairs, and seam overlays in all EPDM roofing systems.
All work surfaces should be clean, dry, and free of dirt, dust, debris, oils, un-adhered coatings, deteriorated membrane and other contaminants that may result in a surface that is not sound or is uneven. If necessary, clean the surface to receive cover with an approved EPDM membrane cleaner.
1. Clean entire surface where EPDM Cover Strip will be applied.
2. Apply EPDM primer to entire surface to be covered using the supplied scrub pad. NOTE: Use caution when installing at temperatures below 40oF (4oC) to prevent blushing of EPDM primer (formation of condensation on surface of primer).
3. Allow the primer to dry to the touch (no material transfer, typically less than 20 minutes). Dry time will vary depending on ambient temperature and humidity.
4. Once the primer is dry immediately install EPDM Cover Strip.
5. Position Cover Strip over primed area and remove release liner at 45 degree angle while pressing down cover strip by hand.
6. Roll the Cover Strip with a 2” (5.08cm) wide silicone roller.
7. Seal edges of cover detail with patented EPDM Edge Sealant.*
Prior to working with this or any product consult product label and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for necessary health and safety precautions.
COLOR – Black
• Not for use on PVC roof membranes.
• Do not use for detail flashing applications.
• Talc, dust, oil, ice, snow, or wet conditions inhibit good adhesion. Clean and dry surfaces are necessary for proper installation of this product.
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
Store material in original unopened packaging at temperatures between 40°F-110°F (4°C – 43°C). Shelf life is 24 months when stored as recommended.
PACKAGING AND COVERAGE
EPDM Cover Strip is available in the following sizes:
Widths Length Part # Rolls/Case
6 in (152mm) 100 ft. (30.48m) ET-0911-06CC 2
12 in (305mm) 50 ft. (15.24m) ET-0911-12CC 1
Viking Prouducts Group warrants its products to conform to VPG’s specifications at the time of sale when tested according to VPG standards. If a product is proven to be defective when tested according to VPG standards, VPG will, at its option, refund the purchase price or replace or repair the defective product.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE BUYER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AGAINST CI AND IS IN LIEU OF ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED,INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. In no event shall VPG be liable for any special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages arising out of any claims whether based on negligence, contract, warranty, strict liability or otherwise.
All statements and technical information in this document are based on tests or data that VPG believes is r eliable. However, VPG does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy or completeness of this information. The user has sole knowledge and control of factors that can affect the performance of VPG’s products in the user’s intended application. It is the user’s responsibility to conduct tests to determine the compatibility of VPG’ s product with the design, structur e, and materials of the user’ s end product and the suitability of VPG’ s product for the user’s method of application and intended use. The user assumes all risk and liability arising out of such use.