Good question. It is difficult, if not impossible to spray one coat evenly on your commercial roof. When you apply just one coat of roof coating you invite too much risk that some areas will be too thin. Since a chain is only as strong as its weakest link, most roof coating manufacturers recommend 2 coats be applied to a commercial roof. Also, if a roof coating is applied too thick in some instances it will sag before it dries or result in other defects. If you’ve ever painted a wall and applied the finish too thick you will see this with either tiny bubbles or even “mud cracking” in some circumstances.
- Comparing Topps Seal® to 100% Silicone Coatings
- How to choose the best elastomeric roof coating
- Silicone and continued roof leaks – not a compatible match
- Is there a seamless liquid rubber liner for gutters that’s also easy to apply?
- Stop metal roof leaks!
- Skylight Leaks
- 3 ways to deal with a roof leak
- Roof Caulk and Flashing Cements
- Why do I need a roof maintenance program for my commercial roof?
- Roof Coatings - How Does One Pick A Roof Coating?
Flat Roof Repair Cool Roof Coating Commercial Roofs Energy Savings Roof Metal Roof Leaks Roofing Tips Roof Maintenance Roof Repair Roof Coatings Roof Repair Product Roof Caulk Roof Restoration Metal Roof Restoration Metal Roof Repair Elastomeric Roof Coatings Gutter Leaks Roofing Problems Metal Roof Coating Fixing Roof Leaks Roof Repair Material