Good question. It is difficult, if not impossible to spray one coat evenly on your commercial roof. When you apply just one coat of roof coating you invite too much risk that some areas will be too thin. Since a chain is only as strong as its weakest link, most roof coating manufacturers recommend 2 coats be applied to a commercial roof. Also, if a roof coating is applied too thick in some instances it will sag before it dries or result in other defects. If you’ve ever painted a wall and applied the finish too thick you will see this with either tiny bubbles or even “mud cracking” in some circumstances.
- How to Maintain Your Gutters to Prevent Rust, Leaks, and Blockage
- Protecting Your Flat Commercial Roof from Snow and Ice
- What to Know about Protecting and Fixing Your Skylight
- Protecting Your Commercial Roof from the Sun
- Preparing Your Commercial Roof for Hurricane Season
- Comparing Topps Seal® to 100% Silicone Coatings
- How to choose the best elastomeric roof coating
- Silicone and continued roof leaks – not a compatible match
- Is there a seamless liquid rubber liner for gutters that’s also easy to apply?
- Stop metal roof leaks!
Flat Roof Repair Metal Roof Repair Elastomeric Roof Coatings Roof Caulk Roofing Problems Cool Roof Coating Commercial Roofs Roofing Tips Roof Repair Product Roof Restoration Skylights Metal Roof Restoration Gutter Leaks Fixing Roof Leaks Roof Repair Roof Coatings Energy Savings Roof Roof Repair Material Metal Roof Leaks Roof Maintenance Metal Roof Coating